Black Dogs 'next to nothing' exhibition opening this Thursday

(2 posts)
  1. bradleybradley

DIY art collective Black Dogs returns once more to the group show format with an exhibition containing contributions from over thirty individuals and collectives. Advancing Black Dogs’ critique of the institutional artworld, the contributors occupy various positions in relation to the label ‘artist’; raising questions about when something is art, who can make it and what the worth of calling it art is anyway...

....Next to Nothing takes place in an impressive empty unit in The Light shopping centre in the commercial heart of Leeds, a space and site that is as integral to the exhibition as the works displayed within it. Alongside the exhibition are a programme of events including evenings of music, performance and films held on and offsite. In addition, Black Dogs have used meetings as an opportunity to produce a collaborative fanzine that will be available for free to take away from the exhibition. Both the publication and the exhibition are not intended as end points or conclusions but rather markers of a moment in a collective interrogation of how we value our own and other’s activity and the cost of living.

Next To Nothing opens on Thursday 15th September at 5pm. All are welcome and refreshments will be available. There is a post-opening party and gig featuring Picore from Spain amongst other acts from the DIY (not-for-profit) music community held at Wharf Chambers club for members and their guests. The exhibition continues Monday to Friday 4 – 7pm and Saturdays 12 – 6pm until 1st October. Entry is Free.

More info on t'Black Dogs website
    Facebook event page here

Posted 6 years ago Link
  2. bradleybradley

Hope nobody minds me sticking this up here, just thought I would do it while I had the time....

Posted 6 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic