Who's making relevant art today?

(13 posts)
  1. Ben NCM

Can anyone recommend me some art please either local, national or international that is pertinent to their lives at this moment in time.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  2. warjammydodger

3. Ben NCM

warjammydodger - 1 day ago  » 
    Stuff that I really like...
    http://www.balticmill.com/whatsOn/past/ExhibitionDetail.php?exhibID=124
    http://www.balticmill.com/whatsOn/past/ExhibitionDetail.php?exhibID=102

I really like BALTIC. I was there last month and the building itself has a great view from the very top where you can just chill out and read.

Those exhibitions look really interesting but it's a shame the spiel that accompanies the images of the shows is so unenlightening and contrived. I'd rather read what the artist has to say about her own work, whatever form that might take, than trying to animate the resident copywriter's recycled drivel.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  4. Ben NCM

andyabbott - 1 day ago  » 
    http://www.0100101110101101.org/blog/

That's a great site that.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  5. Ben NCM

Posted 6 years ago Link
  6. yeah i think they're ace. the Darko Maver project in particular was funny and good. great that they're doing stuff in sheffield this month - what a coincidence!

Posted 6 years ago Link
  7. Ben NCM

What are your thoughts on the types of mediums that artists are preferring to use these days Andy?

Posted 6 years ago Link
  8. seth

Stewart Lee.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  9. ben ncm - 15 hours ago  » 
    What are your thoughts on the types of mediums that artists are preferring to use these days Andy?

i'm not sure there's a particular medium people use nowadays - anything goes and that's a good thing in my book. i'm not keen on the seemingly fashionable return to impenetrable 'conceptual' object-making though.

also, would totally agree with seth on the stewart lee front.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  10. Ben NCM

Have either of you been watching his comedy vehicle? Would you recommend it as I do like some of the older stuff of his that I've seen.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  11. i haven't seen a lot of the new series but was a big fan of the last and what i saw him do as stand up at west yorkshire playhouse a year ago or so. his newer stuff is even more self aware and self-refelexive which i think can feel like it lacks generosity towards the audience but in a weird way that makes it funnier.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  12. Ben NCM

I find myself being more interested in the art process rather than the final outcome these days. This is a nice video.

Get the Video Plugin

Posted 6 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic