SHOP TIL YOU DRAG & DROP Armley 29/30 Jan - SOLD OUT

(15 posts)
  1. circuit

Please select the 'Fullscreen' link just below this text to make the programme more readable. Please feel free to distribute this document - paper copies are available from the I Love West Leeds shop. Tickets for all the events are available now.
    website updates...... http://drag.anddrop.co.uk
    Posted 7 years ago Link
  2. whoo - ha ha ha ha

-Will Smith

Posted 7 years ago Link
  3. griangraf

forget christmas, this is worth waiting for!

Posted 7 years ago Link
  4. warjammydodger

Is it true that Will Smith is actually going to be there?

Posted 7 years ago Link
  5. circuit

yes, he'll be turning off the christmas lights with some crap dancers from radio aire

Posted 7 years ago Link
  6. warjammydodger

yes, he'll be turning off the christmas lights with some crap dancers from radio aire

Good, he'll be handy to have around if the robots break their programming and start to kill humans and shit.

Posted 7 years ago Link
  7. circuit

i am in need of some forum helpers for this -mainly door and bar staff at the shop and rock and roll circus. in return i can offer free entry, booze and food. let me know if you're interested. we're just sorting the cafe menu today (which is looking absolutely amazing... vegan chocolate marmalade cake? kale tofu florentine? you heard) and the film programme is almost sorted as well... clerks, this is mik artistik, the astronomer's sun and some other shorts from interplay. i think minicine might be inviting some directors in for Q&As and things.. all very smart.

Get the Video Plugins

Posted 7 years ago Link
  8. circuit

the shop is easy to find, it's the old co-op on town street - look for the pedestrian crossing.
    View Larger Map
    Posted 7 years ago Link
  9. circuit

sorry to keep bumping, but please see this post if you would like to bring records, cds, zines, t-shirts etc to sell:

http://www.copsandrobbers.net/messageboard/topic.php?id=5171

Posted 7 years ago Link
  10. circuit

in 2007 quack quack supported deerhoof at the leeds irish centre.. me, katie and toby filmed it and did a reasonably good job of capturing the madness including folk from chops, cowtown and beards chain smoking down the front (yes, it was that long ago!)
    the film of the gig will be screening in its entirety in the cinema room on saturday 29th, hooray. while the bands aren't playing feel free to meander through. i'm aiming to show it four times, 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm, so people can duck in and out.
    the stall idea seems to be picking up momentum - i will update the website with pictures of your wares if you want to get involved. just send em through.
    website updates...... http://drag.anddrop.co.uk

Posted 7 years ago Link
  11. circuit

i would recommend either getting there when doors open on saturday (the quack quack film will be showing and there will be DJs on) or getting a ticket: http://drag.anddrop.co.uk/shop/buy-your-ticket
    we normally get around 60-70 people for drag & drop without any advertising.. this time we have made 200+ programmes, loads of flyers and had various bits of press. at last count i only have 33 25 14 tickets left for the shop gig before we hit capacity (which will be enforced by festival staff) so please don't leave it too late, i'd rather not see friends being turned away!
    the capacity at rock and roll circus is a bit higher so don't be dissuaded if you do have to go drink elsewhere..meet us there.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  12. circuit

Shop gig is sold out. If you want to try your luck getting in to Rock and Roll Circus in the evening we'll probably have space since I don't expect everyone will go to both.

Sunday breakfast and cinema is now sold out as well. There will be cake and tea if you want to come along anyway and see if there is space in the cinema. We may well have some no-shows. Best way to check for updates is via Twitter.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  13. Most fun Drag and Drop clubnight yet! Thank you all involved! A buttload of hard work had gone into this.

The cafe thing made a nice change and the food was delicious! Solid atmosphere.

Posted 6 years ago Link
  14. circuit

thanks stroidy, that's praise indeed, i am so glad everyone had a good time, especially on sunday. i'm going to write a thanks post on the website soon but haven't yet built up the energy to do a good job of it.
    in the meantime, thank you for coming, thank you for honouring your breakfast reservations, and in particular thanks for waiting so patiently for the food. we had a delicate web of leads powering the kitchen and couldn't run more hobs since we were drawing so much power from so few sockets. (found out today that the power cut happened cos we actually blew a fuse completely to bits). the coffee machine was smashed so we couldn't use it but it was probably just as well..
    everyone was very patient and kind despite obviously being totally starving so thank you.
    also a virtual hip hop hooray for sophie and dicko who worked solidly for hours on both days. without sophie on sunday the caff would have totally fallen to pieces.
    there will definitely be another similar event with another cafe, but i need about a month to get over this one before we start to think about the next!
    it was mega fun though and a pleasure to organise.
    the shop is open until the end of feb and i'm putting on another band there in a few weeks, i'll post details up when it's sorted. in the meantime there are free bike repair workshops, residencies and activities which are all listed on http://www.ilovewestleeds.co.uk

Posted 6 years ago Link
  15. circuit

oh - we would love to collect all the pics together if possible, none of us had time to take any.
    http://drag.anddrop.co.uk/shop/gallery/

Posted 6 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic