drag and drop featuring mik artistik, beards, executive legs - sat april 24

(11 posts)
  1. circuit

DRAG AND DROP 4 OCCURS ON SATURDAY 13 MARCH
    THEN THIS HAPPENS: Drag and Drop 5!!

Saturday 24th April at Rock & Roll Circus, Canal Road, Armley
    10pm-2am, bring your own booze (none for sale nearby!!)
    This is a benefit gig for Cops and Robbers. Donations of £4 suggested.
    Please note that this is a private party and you will need to RSVP via PM or Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=321630486701

BEARDS have flourished from their beginnings as a chaotic space-age party band, tightening the reins considerably. They're always best when in tour mode, and since this gig marks the end of a Eurozone jaunt you'll see them at their finest. The new album is a homage to everything good about the Leeds DIY scene - shouty, dancy, funky and fun, reworking of the stop-start new wave wonk of bands like NUMBERS and AU PAIRS with echoes of BILGE PUMP and TIGERS. HOMECOMING PARTY!!

Get the Flash Video

MIK ARTISTIK: DO NOT MISS THIS!!! Those who have been with Drag & Drop since the beginning will remember Mik's impromptu set; everyone wanted him back and I'm happy to oblige! Mik became a local celebrity thanks to his talent for sketching strangers' portraits on scraps of paper; his folk-comedy music is endearing and hilarious, a Yorkshireman's blueprint for D Millard, Flight Of The Conchords and so on (Jimmy Saville and little blue biros feature in his setlist). Skip to 3:45 in the video below for his cameo appearance in Phoenix Nights.

Get the Flash Video
    Get the Flash Video

EXECUTIVE LEGS continue to go from strength to strength in their second year of existence - the perfect combination of funky bass, multiple quacking keyboards and a gravity-defying female singer with an extremely loud voice. You'll recognise faces from PIFCO, POLARIS, HARRY CALAHAN and CISSY, but the lyrics about serial killers, cats and Patrick McGoohan will take you by surprise. Expect big fun (not Big Fun) and enormous Stylophones!

Get the Flash Video

DJing in the office courtesy of italo-disco-maestro DJ Bionic Tit & DJ Clammy Bush (Niche Homo).

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

hop skip bump

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

Get the Flash Video

on form!!
    (note the fake hilary in the audience)

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. circuit

this gig will also be the BEARDS record release party so make sure you bring a magical ten pound note so you can acquire their new long playing disc:

t-shirts also avaiable for £6

there will also be various other merch available (whatever people bring to sell basically) so bring the last of your pre-payday food fund and get involved.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. Get the Flash Video

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. circuit

unintentional bump - forgot to mention this is the last beards gig for several months

Posted 7 years ago Link
  7. warjammydodger

on form!!
    (note the fake hilary in the audience)

You say she'e the fake Hilary but how can we know? I mean what if she's the real Hilary and our Hilary is the fake one?

Posted 7 years ago Link
  8. circuit

i have it on good authority that the real hilary was "trapped" in "france" by a "volcano" at around the same time that the beards video appeared on the internet.

Posted 7 years ago Link
  9. warjammydodger

Like I can believe that? My reality is falling apart here.

Posted 7 years ago Link
  10. circuit

fully awesome real-life beards write up on the rough trade site:

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=326111

bring a tenner and bag one.

Posted 7 years ago Link
  11. circuit

thanks for coming everyone.
    my personal highlight was 'clampdown on turds'.

some vids from the rock & roll circus crew:

Get the Flash Video

Get the Flash Video

Posted 7 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic