drag and drop featuring d'astro, two minute noodles, 2010 - sat march 13

(14 posts)
  1. circuit

Drag and Drop 4 - u know the score!
    A Cops and Robbers benefit at Rock & Roll Circus, Canal Road.
    Saturday March 13th, 10pm-2am
    Bring your own booze (none for sale at the venue)

Free entry but please donate - £4 recommended.
    This is a PRIVATE PARTY and as such we need you to RSVP via Facebook or twitter (@drag__and__drop) before 5pm on the day of the gig.

incorporating.. (in an order yet to be decided)

Known only as IRONfist and powerMAN, 2010 are a new Leeds duo who told me they will party your face off with 'a 2D retro futurist tropical utopia'. Then they hung up. Although they hide behind a curtain of mystery and intrigue, you have good reason to be excited about their debut gig which promises to be an upbeat treat. If you get down the front for this one you definitely won't be sorry. Just remember to bring your 2-D specs.

TWO MINUTE NOODLES
    Moz takes a break from ducking around in Quack Quack and Chops to play organ-ised pop with a Goose. 2MN make melodic lounge songs with a crunch via Casio, Hammond organ and frenzied krautrock drumming. Noodles fall somewhere in the Klaus Wunderlich/ Aavikko/ Giorgio Moroder/ Zombie Zombie camp, and the description 'Satan's own lift music' fits them rather well. Just remember to bring approximately 200ml of boiling water.

D'ASTRO
    Leeds' seminal weirdo/punk grumblers return from the dead for the umpteenth time as LS4, 6 and 12 breathe a collective sigh of relief. For their Armley Comeback Special they present new drummer Claire (from Beards and previously Fake Tan) and her trademark punchy drumstyle. Comparisons to The Fall and the Minutemen are well-earned, but D'Astro really just sound like D'Astro, all disco bass, twangy guitars, catchy chants and lyrics every other singer in the room wishes they'd written. Just remember to bring your shaky egg (a few spare drummers might also be a good idea).

Claire Circuit will be kicking off the disco in the office; Nash and Hilary (Chinchilla-tone) will be boncing you off post-midnight.

Drag and Drop 5 will follow in April!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

slight revision to the DJs for this gig:
    pre-midnight: DJ MCWATT THE HELL AND JESUS JONES
    post-might: nash and hilary

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

the 5th D&D is on saturday 24th april... nooz nearer the time but please don't clash with me cos it's a monster monster bill.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. circuit

a little bump

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. circuit

i'm sure you're aware already.
    ps. it's rachel m's birthday and she's DJing first (with nick) so come nice & early.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. warjammydodger

DOH! I have to work this weekend, no party fun for me.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. circuit

that's a big shame jam-face.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. warjammydodger

At least there's a poorly advertised Funder Strikes to look forward to the following weekend.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. circuit

your wife is also doing the next D&D on 24 april, you better be around for that or she'll steal your poo bag.

you and gwen should dj at the one after that.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. warjammydodger

How will Gwen manage to steal herself?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. smittenbunny

Admin

I wish I had my records Claire, this thread makes me sad.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. circuit

holy mother of god. if the success of a night can be measured on how few people bother to go to bed afterwards, i reckon this was up there with live aid.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. rachel

Cheers for organising another fab one! I went to bed at 9am Sunday and got up 8am Monday. I don't suppose this is anything to be proud of. Now I am fully grown up I shall behave better.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. nicholas jones

Meow Meow, kids.

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic