drag & drop 3 is on sat 16 jan with blood crips, mucky sailor and gareth s brown

(10 posts)
  1. circuit

DRAG AND DROP – A Cops & Robbers private party/fundraiser! Please RSVP!
    Saturday 16th January at Rock & Roll Circus, Canal Road (just past Farnell on the railway bridge)
    10pm-2am, BYOB (there is no booze for sale at D&D)
    Entry is free. However, as this is a fundraising event we’ll ask you to donate to the Cops and Robbers fund (£4 recommended).

Please bring your invite or a copy of the DEC/JAN Cops & Robbers..

Come enjoy some non pretentious party fun while acquiring your second brutal hangover of 2010! Three rooms are yours for hanging out/ dancing/ enjoying the sounds of..

MUCKY SAILOR – Dad and Lad make a mental synthy racket with clattering drums and a whole load of noise. And they have a custom made ship’s wheel synthesiser. And this is their last show for at least six months so they have promised to party one off.

BLOOD CRIPS are a Real Loser, an Upright and a Broken Arm making Hipshakes/ Coachwhips style garage rock.

GARETH S BROWN has previously been a member of as The Unpleasants (along with a rather foul mouthed monkey) and Hood... he makes testy electronic themes for haunted playgrounds, influenced by Eastern European folk music, Phillip Glass, Aphex Twin and the like.

DJing courtesy of the fabulous GMAX display team (Gill Pinx and Max from The Smittens)

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

please rsvp on facebook to avoid having to bring an invite etc

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184056276430&ref=ts

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

reasonably soon.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. cladams

can i rsvp here?

i'm still pretending i'm too cool for facebook.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. circuit

yeah sure. i'll also get some kind of printable invite done nearer the time.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. Can't wait for this, like

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. circuit

8. circuit

incidentally DJing is by max smittens and gill this month so should be super pop fun style.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. circuit

tomorrow.
    please make sure i have your name if you're coming as this is a private party therefore we are running a guest list system.
    please also make sure you bring sufficient booze as there is nowhere locally to buy booze after 10pm.
    please also remember to drop your coins in the buckets. this money covers the hire and staffing costs and is vital since i don't have two penneth to cover costs by myself!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. circuit

we covered all costs last night and made an amazing £220 for C&R on top. that's largely thanks to the bands who didn't take a penny in costs, but also thanks to everyone who donated. i hate hassling people and i really appreciate that nobody moans about having a bucket shoved in their face as soon as they arrive.
    thanks, this was my favourite one so far.
    i'm waiting for confirmation from R&RC for the date for the next one but i think it will be on saturday march 13th. the bands will be two minute noodles and the all-new cladamsified d'astro with disco dance soundtracks from dj joy orbison featuring dj full collins.

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic