Horror Strikes II: saturday: EXECUTIVE LEGS + MKBL + BLOOD CRIPS (C&R benefit)

(103 posts)
  1. circuit

FUNDERSTRIKES 20: HORROR STRIKES II
    WITH NICHE HOMO FANZINE!

Saturday 31st October 2009
    at the Commonplace
    £4
    9pm-late
    Any profits will be split between the Commonplace and Cops & Robbers

The CommonPlace is a members club. Guests must be introduced by a member at the door. Joining The CommonPlace costs just £2 per year, you can do it in a number of ways (but you can’t join at the door on the night), see our website for details. http://www.thecommonplace.org.uk/
    membership.html

Dress code: dur! Surely you remember the last HORROR STRIKES? The more gruesome and gory the better..

With... (not necessarily in this order)

EXECUTIVE LEGS - Funky bass and quacking keyboards make astounding entertainment for ages nought to naughty. Ten legs from PIFCO, POLARIS, MOLLIGER and CISSY roar and meow through chunky neon party tunes about serial killers as they slave over keyboards, bass, drums and massive bleating Stylophones. Expect big fun (not Big Fun), surprising lyrical content and impeccable costumes!

MONSTER KILLED BY LASER - This hard (Prog)rocking 4 piece have been tearing shit up since 2001 with roots born in Wakefield but now based in Leeds. Garnished with official approval by the 70s Italian Horror/Progmeisters GOBLIN, some members been known to emit a certain presence and sex appeal in the live situation, with an underlying aroma of mystique.

BLOOD CRIPS - Members of The Real Losers/ The Uprights/ Broken Arm, already in demand across the city despite being relatively new on the scene and having played only a handful of basement & other small gigs. Word of their catchy rock & roll is spreading fast; they sound exactly like you would expect a hard-drinking, hard-partyin' LS6 garage rock supergroup to sound. For fans of the above plus The Hipshakes etc.

+ Niche Homo DJs
    + Funder Strikes DJs

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=262143030244&ref=nf

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

i apologise for pinching/recycling certain descriptions but wanted to get this out there ASAP; i'm sure nick will be able to write something better in time.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

Get the Flash Video

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. circuit

the exelegs have a myspace now
    http://www.myspace.com/executivelegs

i will add this to the proper description forthwith

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. circuit

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. what a neat poster. that sure makes me want to attend this event.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. Summertime Dudes

I endorse this product and/or event

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. circuit

Get the Flash Video

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. smittenbunny

Admin

Ace, this is this week! I've been looking forward to this for months, fucking booyah!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. circuit

cannae wait. please feel free to carve a pumpkin and bring it along. we will set them up outside on the patio or something (i'll bring tea-lights).

also please feel free to make any food etc you wish, maybe we can sell it for a few pennies to raise some more cash for cops and robbers. i will make a soup and a pie if i have time.

nick/stroid, what's the deal with apple bobbing, is it happening? and do you need me to get a prize for the fancy dress competition?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. I'll start thinking about things and getting them sorted today. I'm in Bristol until Thurs at the mo, and have little to do but sit on the computer getting things done. I'll sort equipment sharing between the bands as well.

Don't forget all food in the Common Place is meant to be vegan, even if not prepared there.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. circuit

sweet, thanks.

i wasn't sure if the commonplace allowed veggie food as well as vegan, but if not that's fine by me. gwen, is your toffee gonna be vegan?

stroid, are you bringing any films to project? if not i can get something together.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. I'll have a long chat with Nick tonight about all this shit.

Here's a list Nick and I have compiled of shit we're likely to play, countrary to Nicks accusations, some of my selections are not a joke:

Angry Samoans / Pheromoans / Tyvek / Out With A Bang! / Cause Co-Motion / Ean Eraser / Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments / Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti / Bad Seeds / Cranberries / Fleetwood Mac / Swell Maps / AC/DC / Royal Trux / The Move / Roy Orbison / Roxy Music / Real Kids / Paul Simon / Pagans / The Cure / The Clean / Sam Cooke / !3th Floor Elevators / Thee Oh Sees / Slayer / The Cramps / Swamp Rats / The Saints / Talking Heads / Gizmos / Black Sabbath / Bo Diddley / Half Japanese / So Cow / The Beets / Mudhoney / Eddy Current Supression Ring / Henry's Dress / Look Blue Go Purple / Elvis / Cheater Slicks / Sic Alps / Neil Young / Suicide / Black Widow / Blue Oyster Cult / The Fall / The B-52's / Black Lips / Rolling Stones / The Fates / Creedence Clearwater Revival / The Screamers / The Flesh Eaters / Scratch Acid / Alice Cooper / Beat Happening / Monitor / The Gun Club

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. nicholas jones

Yo Claire, sorry for being email-slack:

APPLE-BOBBING: Yes, Stroidy - you got a bucket? Actually, no - has someone else got a bucket?

Fancy dress comp: Stroid, can we give away that millenium falcon that's in your hall.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. nicholas jones

countrary to Nicks accusations, some of my selections are not a joke:

The Cure? Cranberries?

Joke.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. thats not mine to give away.

since it's halloween, how about surprising first place with a tuperware full of cat shit?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  17. Heritage Fork

nicholas jones - 4 minutes ago  » 

countrary to Nicks accusations, some of my selections are not a joke:

The Cure? Cranberries?
    Joke.

Stroidy, please tell me you don't intend to play 'Zombie' by The Cranberries because it's Halloween.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. nicholas jones

Exactly. That would be a massive fail. Also, it's about "the troubles". Not fun, creepy shit.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  19. No! Dreams all the way. My second favourite ex-girlfriend of my bro got me into that song when I was a teen, it struck a chord with my heart.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  20. Heritage Fork

stroidy - 41 seconds ago  » 
    No! Dreams all the way. My second favourite ex-girlfriend of my bro got me into that song when I was a teen, it struck a chord with my heart.

FAIL

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

Reply »

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic