DRAG & DROP 2 - C&R Fundraiser - 14th November.. BILGE PUMP + THE 'CLUB + CHOPS

(18 posts)
  1. circuit

Saturday November 14th
    10pm - Bring Your Own Boozings

DRAG AND DROP #2 - A Cops & Robbers Benefit!

Welcome one and all to our second PARTY at Rock & Roll Circus, a former factory on the Midland Railway. YOUR FLYER IS YOUR INVITE and entry is FREE, but there be costs to cover, and need your cash to keep Cops & Robbers in print - so we will ask you for a £4 minimum donation towards costs & the Cops and Robbers fund. Please drop it in the donation bucket on arrival or during the first band (if there is no bucket in sight, hand it in at the DJ booth)

Room 1:

CHOPS
    Folks from bands like Quack Quack and Inecto School increasingly force their improv noodlings into compact, weird pop songs containing unexpected dance grooves and wild robot staggering. Their split LP saw them joining the likes of Kit, No Age, Numbers and Gay Against You on the Upset the Rhythm roster. UTR call Chops “jazzoid excess and lock-popping party bombs”. Yeah! See them perform on the roof of Leeds International Pool (RIP) here:
    vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59332307
    http://www.myspace.com/mightychops
    http://www.upsettherhythm.co.uk/chops/UTR013/ospylacemit.mp3

BILGE PUMP have played many Cops & Robbers benefits and have appeared in nearly every issue since 1999. Over the years, they have more than earned their title of the best live band that Leeds has to offer. Their vibe is more and more party these days; the last benefit they played resulted in bodies being flung around the room during the non-stop dancing. I saw Neil described as ‘two drummers in one body’ recently which perfectly describes his skills - worth getting down the front for if you’ve not witnessed him play before. Bilge Pump are always best when bursting eardrums in small sweaty rooms; this is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy them in their natural environment.

‘CLUB
    ‘An English take on the likes of They Might Be Giants and Barenaked Ladies, The Wednesday Club have a great line in quirky one and two minute blasts of songs.’ Formerly the Wednesday Club with specially made costumes, featuring Adam from Manhattan Love Suicides.

Room 2: Disco dancing
    Rock/pop party till 2am. Room to dance as long as you don’t mind getting poked in the eye occasionally. Bo bo bo bo bo bo bo bonkers.

Room 3:
    Sit around boozing and enjoy visuals from the Maximum Party DVDs, available to buy on the night from the DJ booth for £3. http://www.maximumparty.net

DIRECTIONS >>> Rock and Roll Circus is near Armley Mills - an easy stroll from LS6. Get yersen to the Shell garage on Kirstall Road and continue along Viaduct Road - you will see R&RC (old factory building) on the railway bridge. From LS4: There’s a nice bridge over the river at the bottom of Kirkstall Industrial Park. From town: The 5 stops just up the road and various other buses will take you to Mike’s Carpets which is not far away. Apex taxi rank is within stumbling distance (0113 2636363) and there’s secure bike storage in the building.

Note: At the last gig a few items (cans, clothes) went missing. There’s nothing to suggest these items were nicked, but please keep an eye on your stuff in case someone fancies a poke about in your booze bag. If you need to store valuables please ask Claire Circuit or Danny from R&RC who will put them somewhere safe.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=157789170258&ref=nf

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

getting lots of requests to play future DNDs.. keep them coming, i'll make a Cool Dudes list and invite yous to play nearer the time.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

going to book number three. xmas party? post-new-year party? let me know what you fancy.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. smittenbunny

Admin

3 bands I say, I can dance in my living room.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. joe

stinks

It could also be your first chance to get the new Bilge Pump ep 'The Fucking Cunts Still Treat Us Like Pricks'.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. circuit

line-up is confirmed: info to follow.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. smittenbunny

Admin

Ace! Is there going to be a theme? I want a theme.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. circuit

there can be, if you want one! what are your ideas?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. smittenbunny

Admin

Turtles, everyone should dress as a turtle.

Maybe 70's glam rock?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. circuit

glam rock is a good idea but might be difficult for people to achieve on a budget.

Get the Flash Video

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. joe

stinks

To celebrate the new Bilge Pump ep everyone should dress as either a fucking cunt or a prick.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. warjammydodger

To celebrate the new Bilge Pump ep everyone should dress as either a fucking cunt or a prick.

Shouldn't be too hard

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. circuit

joe - 1 hour ago  » 

i've seen bilge pump hundreds of times but i still can't remember which one's which.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. circuit

i'm going to do the DJing at this night and am going to set up the decks in the gig room so folk have a bit more space for dancing. i'm happy to play any danceable/party requests and will default to rock & roll for the remainder of the set. as joe said, bring some pounds for the new bilge pump record as well as your donation.

as folk were asking last time, i recommend getting your booze from the offy across the road (ish) on chichester st (near emlyn's house) or, failing that, the tesco express next door to mike's carpets.

dungeons & dragons 3 is confirmed for 16th jan, assuming we all survive new year. bands will be gaz brown, blood crips and mik artistic plus g-max (gill pinx plus max smittens) DJing. obviously this is all a way in the future so nothing's totally confirmed but i'll announce it when we're done with this one.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. circuit

this is what happens when you run out of time and have to make flyers at work

SORRY

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. haha

Posted 8 years ago Link
  17. circuit

i'm quite tempted to set up my projector and wii at this gig just for hilarity's sake, but i'm fairly sure it would get ruined! boo to expensive pieces of plastic. anyone got a real bow & arrow?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. circuit

incoming.

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic