maximum party DVD - DIY bands from leeds, UK & the world - £4 post paid

(23 posts)
  1. circuit

MAXIMUM PARTY is a DVD compilation of DIY bands from Leeds, UK and the world. The DVD is a real manufactured disc (not DVDr) packaged in clamshell case with artwork by Kathryn Cooper.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJlggZmRKgI%2Em4v&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="620" height="530" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=rINq9XS6dMw = Youtube link - remove the space

Volume One is released on 1st September 2009 and features:
    Cowtown
    Kit
    a.P.A.t.T.
    Yoko, Oh No!
    Printed Circuit
    Beards
    Executive Legs
    Bilge Pump
    Cleckhuddersfax
    Tigers!
    Chops
    and FOUR supersecret bonus tracks!

Buy Volume 1 online now for £3.99 postpaid anywhere in the world.

Approximately £1 from the sale of each DVD will be donated to Cops and Robbers.

Check the menus on the DVD for a password and web link allowing immediate access to streaming video/mp3 versions of all the material featured. Some videos will be released online - one every week for six weeks. Follow @maxparty on Twitter to be alerted of the newest free video and the URL to access it.

NB: Much of the live footage was not intended to be distributed when filmed. Volume varies but the footage is definitely worth seeing regardless.

Thanks to all the bands and filmmakers who have allowed us to use videos of them in the first DVD. If you have decent digital footage of bands which you would like us to consider for a future release, please upload to yousendit.com and address to [email protected].

SOON: Maximum Party 2, featuring an entire Quack Quack gig from 2007! Please support the first DVD so we can afford to release it!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

you can get this from me in person for £3 if you so wish. i MAY have some on saturday, i will report back when i know for sure.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

webby webby website is online now.

http://maximumparty.net/

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. circuit

good news lads! the DVDs are back and looking good so they WILL be available tomorrow for £3 a pop.
    when i said they weren't DVDrs - they have been professionally duplicated but it appears they've done them onto DVDr which i didn't ask for. anyway, i cannae be arsed to complain but just bear it in mind if you have a tempramental DVD player. the disc should play fine in a computer.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. would it not be worth complaining/enquiring in case you can get some kind of discount/money returned which will make the second dvd cheaper to make!?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. circuit

yeah i'll probably ask about it but i'm not gonna send them back or anything... lesson learned for next time!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. circuit

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/110085

now in stock at norman records!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. circuit

here's what the enigmatic BUSINESS LADY at norman records has to say about this.

Maximum Party is a curious insight into the Leeds D.I.Y music scene via a bunch of strange home made videos and awesome live gig footage. This DVD features performances from Bilge Pump, Cleckhuddersfax, Beards, Executive Legs, Tigers! and Kit as well as videos from A.p.a.t.t, Printed Circuit, Cowtown, Yoko, oh no! and Chops. All this stuff total maxi-fun, from the frenzied party atmosphere of Bilge Pump live at the Cops and Robbers 10th anniversary bash to the crazed Prince aping A.p.a.t.t video ‘The face of crow’, it’s all genius. You get Beards in full costume live at the Packhorse!! The long-suffering and now defunct TIGERS! getting freaky at Leeds only D.I.Y club night FUNDERSTRIKES!! Watch Executive Legs get funky at CHINCHILLAFEST ’09, it’s all good. A full live set from California’s KIT supporting DEERHOOF at the Irish centre is worth the four quid alone. The footage and sound are totally sweet and the gig is a cocker!! You’d be a fool not to part with your dollar for this fine collection. Loads of aceness for hardly not much money at all. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. fast_mouse

Stinks

BusiNashness Lady.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. haha, goz beat me to it. i was wondering what nash's norman's review style was like!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. circuit

nash's are always the best. i like the gender confusion, it adds to the gravitas of the opinion.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. jfjf

Can you get this on VHS or laser disc? I have no DVDer.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. circuit

you get get them on the internet. i'll PM you the password.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. circuit

first video released! executive legs live at chinchillafest. a day late, sorry about that. another video to follow next week.

http://www.maximumparty.net/buy/

all for a good cause..
    Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. circuit

i reckon you may also be able to listen to the audio version of the bilge pump track on last.fm. maybe i'll put the rest of the live tracks on there eventually.

http://www.maximumparty.net/buy/

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. circuit

second freeee video available now:

Posted 8 years ago Link
  17. circuit

still need to buy one of these? will take copies to the quack quack gig at the brudenell tonight. £3 each, all profits to the C&R fund.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. circuit

and another free video, as it's a monday..

Posted 8 years ago Link
  19. circuit

Posted 8 years ago Link
  20. circuit

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

Reply »

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic