FÜNDER STRIKES 19! birthday strikes! dj donna summer & CHOPS - AUG 22

(86 posts)
  1. circuit

Saturday 22nd August
    The Commonplace, Wharf Street
    time TBC, but the usual dealio. £4

FÜNDERSTRIKES 19: BIRTHDAY STRIKES

ATTENTION: THIS IS A UV PARTY.. GET WITH THE TRON THEME. DRESS IN WHITE AND DON'T FORGET YOUR NEON PARTY HAT!..

GUTEN TAAAAG! The Birthday Party Berlin crew smother their home city with fistfuls of confetti on a regular basis; they also invite bands from all over Europe to play to a merry bunch of locals before the DJs take over. Sound familiar? Now you can experience the fun of Birthday Party without a Ryanair lotto ticket in sight! The dress code is - duh - PARTY! Come celebrate our Funder Geburtstag mit sweat, booze, streamers, sparklers und..

Get the Video Plugin
    DJ DONNA SUMMER - Legendary ex-WMFU DJ, labelmate of DJ Scotch Egg and owner of the Cockrockdisco label, Jason totally pwned at Funder Strikes 15 as he did Glade and Glastonbury festivals. He mashes chunks of The Who, Supertramp and Pat Benatar into non-pretentious party tunes while screaming blue murder into any available mic. Jason's unstoppable energy and cheeky, inventive sampling never fails to gets the party started. This is likely to be his last UK appearance for ages due to an imminent sprog!
    http://www.myspace.com/djdonnasummer

plus

CHOPS
    The folks from bands like Quack Quack and Inecto School increasingly force their improv noodlings into compact, weird pop songs with unexpected grooves and robot staggering. The Guardian like them and shit, but who cares as long as you do. See them perform on the roof of Leeds International Pool here:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59332307
    http://www.myspace.com/mightychops

Any profits will be split between the Commonplace and Cops & Robbers.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. fast_mouse

Stinks

whoop!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. circuit

SO FRIGGIN EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

bring party gear - streamers, inflatables, confetti, party hats, everything... this is what birthday party berlin normally looks like:

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. Summertime Dudes

That's my birthday! Aww shucks, Claire, You really didn't have to go to such lengths!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. circuit

Fucking brilliant! You can DJ if you want, altho you may have better things to do I guess!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. Summertime Dudes

I'll be busy being paraded around in the gold sedan chair you're gonna hire for me. Just get someone to play 'Crazy Horses', fading it out prematurely, fading it back in then following it with 30 seconds of silence while they look for a record by the Damned that's not in the right sleeve. That'll pretty much be how I'd DJ anyway.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. circuit

maybe we could get tommo to leap out of an enormous cardboard cake when you arrive

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. Summertime Dudes

Oh christ, no.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. circuit

ben butler couldn't make it, so jason has lined up RAFFERTIE to take joe's place. excellent. i am going to add a third act if we have time, as i would like to add a leeds band if possible. waiting for news from the commonplace.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. circuit

bingo! right on time, here's jason talking about his music and his iphone app:

http://www.gestalten.com/motion/clipHiRes?id=100

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. drumsnotdead

The photos look like bangface mixed with chazzy and the choc factory!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. circuit

raffertie will be up your street tom, i know you love daaaaaabstep and all that. he just played at glade as well.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. drumsnotdead

We still use that saying, I didn't go to glade as it would have killed me but marcus said there were loads of Tabithas and Willsies going for "a skank to some roots garage darling"!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. eddsociety

I'll be there for my birthday too. Hot damn.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. circuit

just been informed this is also chris paul daniels' birthday weekend!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. Gareth

IM also a leo can't wait for this party.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  17. circuit

going to be buying PARTY SUPPLIES and decor this week! any requests? the cheaper the better of course

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. drumsnotdead

If the party supplies are non-illegal i have a mate who keeps buying 70 sachets of popping candy for £7, i will buy two boxes as a present if needed.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  19. circuit

that sounds fucking great tom.

i have a really good idea for decor now, i am just looking into costs before i reveal it!

raffertie is still TBC, we may be replacing him, will update the post tomorrow either way.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  20. circuit

raffertie unforunately can't do it so CHOPS will be a formidable replacement..

also the theme for this party is going to be TRON.. i am planning to go fully ultra-violet with the decor, so get your thinking caps on! find some neon socks, wear lots of white and drink lots of glow-in-the-dark boozy drinks!

tom - please combine the popping candy with some glowing booze under the UV, it will look ace..

more info soon!

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

Reply »

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic