C&R FUNDRAISER! 5th September.. feat SMART PATROL, COWTOWN & *** beards ***

(37 posts)
  1. circuit

Saturday September 5th
    Doors open & first band 10pm prompt
    Bring Your Own Boozings

DRAG AND DROP #1

A FREE PARTY at Rock & Roll Circus, a former factory on the Midland Railway, to celebrate the end of C&R's tenth year. YOUR FLYER IS YOUR INVITE, SO BRING IT! Since you will save a small fortune while drinking your own booze, we suggest a £4 minimum donation towards costs & the Cops and Robbers fund.

Room 1:

SMART PATROL: All DEVO! Alright! Flail your arms in the faces of people from PRINTED CIRCUIT, COWTOWN and BEARDS as they recreate your favourite DEVO hits. No misses, mrs! Rejoice and dust off your most extravagant dance moves!

COWTOWN: You can depend on Leeds 6's best party band for rocket-powered fun to get your power blingers movin'! Bid them a cheery farewell before they embark on their international super tour.

D MILLARD: Flying high on the success of hit single 'We Buy Any Car (Dot Com)', Duncan of D'ASTRO (and accessories) will tower above you creating witty ranty jingles about all sorts. Your neck will ache from craning and your face will ache from grinning.

Room 2: Disco dancing
    DJs TBA play rock, funk, skrunk, wrank, carck, boink & electro till 2am.

Room 3: Mumbling
    Recline on a sofa and get pissed while a high-tech satellite link from Room 1 pumps in the sound of the gig you can't be arsed to watch.

DIRECTIONS >>> Rock and Roll Circus is near Armley Mills & is an easy stroll from LS6. Get yersen to the Shell garage on Kirstall Road. Continue along Viaduct Road. You will see R&RC (old factory building) on the railway bridge. From LS4: There's a nice bridge over the river at the bottom of Kirkstall Industrial Park. From town: The 5A, X6, 14, 66 and 67 stop nearby. There's a taxi rank within stumbling distance and secure bike storage in the building.

View Larger Map
    Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

i will put a printable flyer in this thread, so those who don't pick up a flyer/invite can print one out.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. I knew that moving to Armley would pay off eventually.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. circuit

glad to hear it, steven. it may be a one-off, since R&RC never normally hire it out to strangers and are doing it for the cause...

the rooms are nice and cosy (similar size to the rooms in valley house) and the disco & chillax rooms have sofas. we could also booze outdoors pre-gig if the weather's nice.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=119571310308&ref=nf

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. jfjf

If it's nice, can we get Millard to play in that little clearing in the park nearby (halfway down the steps where the arch is)? It's a good spot I reckon.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. drumsnotdead

Messy dreamland!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. jfjf

There goes the neighbourhood...

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. circuit

aren't you on holiday then jf? do you want me to 'look after' your place? FREE HOUSE! i mean, nothing..

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. circuit

featuring DJing from anna peaker & the cissy tag team

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. katalitic

How I am looking forward to spinning some "skrunk, wrank, carck" and "boink" and hopefully some total donkage.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. circuit

Fuck, I forgot DONK!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. circuit

here is a reasonably adequate excuse for a ticket.

link for printing

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. circuit

alsovroom

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. circuit

Get the Video Plugin

(i recommend searching youtube for 'worst band ever')

Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. Heritage Fork

There's that one of the band doing Teen Spirit in a school hall with the girl singing, that is truly amazingly cringeworthy in every way. I like it.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. circuit

smart patrol is sounding well powerful. i can see this gig being a total riot. yis!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  17. circuit

http://www.last.fm/event/1187238+Drag+-+Drop+%231
    featuring mp3s by the other smart patrol

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. raine

bump i suppose?

Posted 8 years ago Link
  19. circuit

deffobump. looks like the fate of the paper C&R will be decided at this gig, so don't be shy.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  20. circuit

recommended smart patrol dance moves: behold

Get the Video Plugin

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

Reply »

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic