donk!!! FUNDER STRIKES 18 WITH DOLBY ANOL & PRINTED CIRCUIT! SAT 28 MARCH

(49 posts)
  1. circuit

FUNDER STRIKES 18 WITH A DONK ON IT!!!

The Commonplace
    Saturday 28th March 2009
    £4 (Seetickets)
    10pm-4am

Dolby Anol's musical sensibilities are based in Dat Politics' world of ultra modern electro pop combined with super-compressed Justice style production. Born from the messy Glasgow Optimo scene, they have already released tunes on Kid606's Tigerbass spin-off, and they have the kind of natural instinct for a good tune that all great bands should have (but rarely do). DA are about to move to Berlin to commence phase 2 of their plan for DANCE DOMINATION, so catch them before they go - this is the blowout party Funder Strikes has been waiting for.

PRINTED CIRCUIT have been playing electronic pop in New York, London, Paris and Munich since 1999, and still champion the party vibe that Funder Strikes has taken to heart; melodies, harmonies and dance beats deployed with a delicate touch and a cheeky grin. Now a three-piece, this is their first gig for more than six months and preceeds collaborations with Dolby Anol and Ben Butler & Mouse Pad.

Free mp3s!! http://www.last.fm/music/Dolby+Anol

Get the Video Player
    Get the Video Player
    Get the Video Player

Posted 8 years ago Link
  2. circuit

fancy dress themes welome... and apologies for the clash adam, we have been trying to get them for ages

Posted 8 years ago Link
  3. katalitic

Oh fuuuuuuuckkkkkK! Make sure they do go on late pls! Just realised I'm dancing a charity event in Holmfirth on that very eve and probably won't be back until midnight and I've been waiting for this to happen for AGES.

Can we make it 1950s fancy dress, just so I don't look like a complete tool?

I love the video for Puppies.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  4. drumsnotdead

yes looking forward to this!!!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  5. fast_mouse

Stinks

Whoooooooooooooooop!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  6. smittenbunny

Admin

Oooh, this looks like fun!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  7. hehehe - that's my mate becca in the 2nd video

Posted 8 years ago Link
  8. circuit - 2 days ago  » 
    fancy dress themes welome... and apologies for the clash adam, we have been trying to get them for ages

No Worries, hopefully people will go to both seeing as they come after each other!!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  9. circuit

bump, commonplace have confirmed this now so we are good to go! with it being short notice, it would be great if i could give some flyers to folk to pass around- let me know if you can help with getting the word out.

first band will be no earlier than 11.30 hopefully, to minimise the clash between BW and FS.

does anyone fancy posting this on LMS for me? it is blocked at work now, fucksticks.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  10. drumsnotdead

Will do!

Posted 8 years ago Link
  11. circuit

cheers bubbanaut

Posted 8 years ago Link
  12. circuit

chrispauldaniels - 6 days ago  » 
    hehehe - that's my mate becca in the 2nd video

ace, she has done some really good vids for dolby anol.

the lady singing in that track is lola from chromehoof.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  13. circuit

if you can think of any uses for flyers and posters please come to the brudenell tonight and i will provide you with some.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  14. common place bookings

hi claire - any chance you could email over the flyer?
    thanks

Posted 8 years ago Link
  15. circuit

done- sorry it was so late. i thought we might get a better flyer done but we're running out of time.

there is likely to be a discount for those who have been to the british wildlife festival earlier in the day. please show your handstamp or ticket at the door.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  16. circuit

17. circuit

if only we'd seen this sooner, we could all have come as star wars characters.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search/279-0529294-6938804?ie=UTF8&bannerAltText=View%20All&rs=64996031&fromPS=&sort=-price&mnSBrand=core&viewID=leaf&bannerWidget=167348042&showAll=1&rh=n%3A64996031&isBrowse=1

oh well. someone just tell bob to turn up in silver, that'll probably do.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  18. circuit

Get the Video Player

Posted 8 years ago Link
  19. common place bookings

can't wait. our booze stock cupboard is rammed, so we're hoping you lot will give us a hand to clear it out.... Pints from £1.20 & organic Lager, Cider, Ales + spirits as usual.

Posted 8 years ago Link
  20. drumsnotdead

I seem to remember a few times when the bar was drunk dry at funderstrikes, amazing party times!

Posted 8 years ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

Reply »

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic