Tags:

No tags yet.

When he plays aggressive and plays his game

(1 post)
  1. jlsalh21

I’m ready, Russ is ready and ‘Melo too. Outside of us, we’ve got guys who bring great depth. I don’t think we’re that far off. ... We’re poised to win a title."

Paul George

Because he’s not the Authentic Mark Recchi Jersey volume scorer Westbrook and Anthony are by nature, this transition has been relatively pain-free for George. Still, he must learn his cue during crunch time like the rest.

“I’m ready, Russ is ready and ‘Melo too. Outside of us, we’ve got guys who bring great depth. I don’t think we’re that far off. We’ve made steps in the right direction, like becoming a better defensive team. We’re poised to win a title.”

Some folks in Oakland might Authentic Matt Cullen Jersey respond to George's claims with: Oh, really? When Warriors forward Draymond Green saw OKC and Houston adding stars last summer, he told GQ “everybody is just in a [expletive] panic about what to do” and that “they know they don’t stand a chance.”

To that, George retorts, “Draymond’s always going to look for attention. I wouldn’t expect anything else. But teams are going to look to get better. And they understand what the Warriors are doing with multiple stars on the court.”

The big question about George, 27, is his future; raise your hand if you have him pegged for a homecoming next fall with the Lakers. Understand this, though: George isn’t the big-city guy you think he is (he fishes, remember).

“Everywhere I’ve been, I’ve been happy,” George said. “And I’m happy.”

Like Anthony, George Authentic Matt Hunwick Jersey planted roots in OKC with a charity event; Anthony fed the hungry while George held a (what else) fishing outing with 45 OKC public school kids, to get them outdoors and away from video games. As he did with Westbrook, George had to convert the neophytes and show them what they’re missing.

“For a lot of the kids it wasn’t just their first time fishing, it was their first time on a boat,” said George. “They were scared. They were all hugging up on me and holding me tight, to the point where I thought, Authentic Matt Murray Jersey man, if I go down, we’re all going down.”

Now that introductions are finally behind them, OKC is anxious to see what’s about to go down with this trio.

Veteran NBA writer Shaun Powell has worked for newspapers and other publications for more than 25 years. You can e-mail him here, find his archive here and follow him on Twitter.

The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.

Posted 1 month ago Link

Back to messageboard

Back to » Messageboard

You must log in to post.

RSS feed for this topic